HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Three cities in our region will be sharing tens of thousands of dollars in grant money from the state of Tennessee.
The town of Church Hill in Hawkins County is getting $183-thousand for a new recreation park along the Holston River, behind the Sun-Co company. Plans to develop the park include a gymnasium and ball fields.
The recreation director for the town says this could just be the start to big things for the town.
Recreation Director, Timmy Wilson says "We have good participation as far as our numbers so hopefully it will get a lot more involved and it will create a lot bigger things for the city. Hopefully we can grow as a recreation department and be one of the premiere recreation departments."
The other two cities in our area getting grants are Johnson City and Greeneville.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview