ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. - Two mothers were sentenced to jail time after Hawkins County authorities say their newborn babies tested positive for narcotics.
We're told the mothers, 28-year-old Ashley Hardesty of Rogersville and 27-year-old Sarah Ceron-Garcia of Kingsport were charged with felony reckless endangerment.
The Assistant District Attorney says they both pled guilty in Hawkins County Criminal Court yesterday for using drugs during their pregnancies.
They were sentenced to a year in jail with the eligibility of parole.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy