MOUNT CARMEL, Tenn. - A Mount Carmel mother faces two charges of child abuse after police said they found her home unfit for her children to live in.
A police report states officers conducted a welfare check at Laura Michelle Frazier's home and found garbage, old food, clothes, and dirty diapers piled on the floors.
According to officers, dead bugs were in the refrigerator and maggots were on the food.
A police report also says there were no sheets or covers on the beds in the home.
Police say the Department of Children's Services was called to the scene to investigate.
Frazier is scheduled to be in court June 3.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City