MOUNT CARMEL, Tenn. - A Mount Carmel mother faces two charges of child abuse after police said they found her home unfit for her children to live in.
A police report states officers conducted a welfare check at Laura Michelle Frazier's home and found garbage, old food, clothes, and dirty diapers piled on the floors.
According to officers, dead bugs were in the refrigerator and maggots were on the food.
A police report also says there were no sheets or covers on the beds in the home.
Police say the Department of Children's Services was called to the scene to investigate.
Frazier is scheduled to be in court June 3.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport