MOUNT CARMEL, Tenn. - A Mount Carmel mother faces two charges of child abuse after police said they found her home unfit for her children to live in.
A police report states officers conducted a welfare check at Laura Michelle Frazier's home and found garbage, old food, clothes, and dirty diapers piled on the floors.
According to officers, dead bugs were in the refrigerator and maggots were on the food.
A police report also says there were no sheets or covers on the beds in the home.
Police say the Department of Children's Services was called to the scene to investigate.
Frazier is scheduled to be in court June 3.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus