MOUNT CARMEL, Tenn. - A Mount Carmel mother faces two charges of child abuse after police said they found her home unfit for her children to live in.
A police report states officers conducted a welfare check at Laura Michelle Frazier's home and found garbage, old food, clothes, and dirty diapers piled on the floors.
According to officers, dead bugs were in the refrigerator and maggots were on the food.
A police report also says there were no sheets or covers on the beds in the home.
Police say the Department of Children's Services was called to the scene to investigate.
Frazier is scheduled to be in court June 3.
- Updated Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital