HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Hawkins County deputies say an attempt to serve an arrest warrant led to the discovery of explosives.
According to the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office, deputies went to serve a failure to appear arrest warrant at the home of Brain Looney in Church Hill.
We're told officers saw drug paraphernalia in the home and asked to search it. During the search, officers say they found what appeared to be several pipe bombs in various states of completion.
We're told the case was turned over to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
Looney is currently facing a failure to appear charge, but could face federal charges.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School