HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Hawkins County deputies say an attempt to serve an arrest warrant led to the discovery of explosives.
According to the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office, deputies went to serve a failure to appear arrest warrant at the home of Brain Looney in Church Hill.
We're told officers saw drug paraphernalia in the home and asked to search it. During the search, officers say they found what appeared to be several pipe bombs in various states of completion.
We're told the case was turned over to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
Looney is currently facing a failure to appear charge, but could face federal charges.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin