HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Hawkins County deputies say an attempt to serve an arrest warrant led to the discovery of explosives.
According to the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office, deputies went to serve a failure to appear arrest warrant at the home of Brain Looney in Church Hill.
We're told officers saw drug paraphernalia in the home and asked to search it. During the search, officers say they found what appeared to be several pipe bombs in various states of completion.
We're told the case was turned over to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
Looney is currently facing a failure to appear charge, but could face federal charges.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon