HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Two children have are now in state custody after Hawkins County authorities find what they believe is a meth lab.
Early this morning the Hawkins County sheriff's narcotics unit arrived at a home in Church Hill to conduct a narcotics investigation. Upon arriving they say they detected a strong chemical odor which they say is consistent with an active meth lab.
After finding the source of the scent, that's when authorities say they also discovered two children were inside the home.
Authorities arrested both Stanley Hart and Leann Reynolds on various meth charges.
We've learned both children belonged to Hart and McReynolds. Both are now in state custody.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend