HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Norfolk Southern officials and environmental crews were in Bulls Gap Wednesday morning cleaning up after a train derailed the previous night.
Officials say nine cars derailed. Six overturned, along with the engine, which back upright Wednesday morning.
They tell us the tankers were carrying plastic pellets and scrap metal.
Environmental crews spent the morning cleaning up the pellets and diesel fuel that leaked from the engine.
Norfolk Southern says their engineer was treated and released from the hospital last night. They're still looking into what caused the derailment.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day