HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Norfolk Southern officials and environmental crews were in Bulls Gap Wednesday morning cleaning up after a train derailed the previous night.
Officials say nine cars derailed. Six overturned, along with the engine, which back upright Wednesday morning.
They tell us the tankers were carrying plastic pellets and scrap metal.
Environmental crews spent the morning cleaning up the pellets and diesel fuel that leaked from the engine.
Norfolk Southern says their engineer was treated and released from the hospital last night. They're still looking into what caused the derailment.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome