HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Norfolk Southern officials and environmental crews were in Bulls Gap Wednesday morning cleaning up after a train derailed the previous night.
Officials say nine cars derailed. Six overturned, along with the engine, which back upright Wednesday morning.
They tell us the tankers were carrying plastic pellets and scrap metal.
Environmental crews spent the morning cleaning up the pellets and diesel fuel that leaked from the engine.
Norfolk Southern says their engineer was treated and released from the hospital last night. They're still looking into what caused the derailment.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend