HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Norfolk Southern officials and environmental crews were in Bulls Gap Wednesday morning cleaning up after a train derailed the previous night.
Officials say nine cars derailed. Six overturned, along with the engine, which back upright Wednesday morning.
They tell us the tankers were carrying plastic pellets and scrap metal.
Environmental crews spent the morning cleaning up the pellets and diesel fuel that leaked from the engine.
Norfolk Southern says their engineer was treated and released from the hospital last night. They're still looking into what caused the derailment.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport