HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A woman is dead and her 4-year-old and 14-year-old passengers are fighting for their lives after a car crash in Hawkins County, Tennessee.
Investigators with the Tennessee Highway Patrol tell us the driver, Michelle Hunt, was trying to go around a curve on Clinch Valley Road when her car went off the right side of the road.
She then over corrected, lost control, hit an embankment, and flipped her car. Everyone inside the car was ejected. Troopers believe safety restraints would have made a difference. Michelle Hunt was 34-years-old.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash