HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Saturday night crash is still under investigation by Tennessee Highway Patrol.
It happened around 10:30 on Highway 11W near the intersection with Silver Lake Road in Church Hill, Tenn.
According to THP, 18-year-old Samantha Hathaway of Church Hill died when the car she was driving was hit by an ambulance.
We're told the ambulance from Hawkins County had lights and sirens on when it entered the intersection.
According to investigators Hathaway was wearing her seat belt.
After hitting Hathaway's car the ambulance veered left, hitting two more cars stopped at a red light.
In all nine people were injured, including three children ages 4, 8 and 11.
THP says criminal charges are pending.
The investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next