HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Saturday night crash is still under investigation by Tennessee Highway Patrol.
It happened around 10:30 on Highway 11W near the intersection with Silver Lake Road in Church Hill, Tenn.
According to THP, 18-year-old Samantha Hathaway of Church Hill died when the car she was driving was hit by an ambulance.
We're told the ambulance from Hawkins County had lights and sirens on when it entered the intersection.
According to investigators Hathaway was wearing her seat belt.
After hitting Hathaway's car the ambulance veered left, hitting two more cars stopped at a red light.
In all nine people were injured, including three children ages 4, 8 and 11.
THP says criminal charges are pending.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death