HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - The Hawkins County Sheriff's Office says a woman has confessed to breaking into an 86-year-old woman's home. Click here to read that story.
Officers say Molena Dowell was questioned by detectives Wednesday when, they say, she admitted to breaking into the home February 1 and taking property, which led to a struggle with the homeowner.
Officers say Dowell also had a recent injury to her right arm, consistent with a grazing bullet wound.
The homeowner told us on Monday that she fired a shot from her pistol, which officers say Dowell admitted was the cause of her injury.
Dowell is now charged with aggravated robbery, burglary and theft of property over $500.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane