HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - The Hawkins County Sheriff's Office says a woman has confessed to breaking into an 86-year-old woman's home. Click here to read that story.
Officers say Molena Dowell was questioned by detectives Wednesday when, they say, she admitted to breaking into the home February 1 and taking property, which led to a struggle with the homeowner.
Officers say Dowell also had a recent injury to her right arm, consistent with a grazing bullet wound.
The homeowner told us on Monday that she fired a shot from her pistol, which officers say Dowell admitted was the cause of her injury.
Dowell is now charged with aggravated robbery, burglary and theft of property over $500.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program