HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - The Hawkins County Sheriff's Office says a woman has confessed to breaking into an 86-year-old woman's home. Click here to read that story.
Officers say Molena Dowell was questioned by detectives Wednesday when, they say, she admitted to breaking into the home February 1 and taking property, which led to a struggle with the homeowner.
Officers say Dowell also had a recent injury to her right arm, consistent with a grazing bullet wound.
The homeowner told us on Monday that she fired a shot from her pistol, which officers say Dowell admitted was the cause of her injury.
Dowell is now charged with aggravated robbery, burglary and theft of property over $500.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court