HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - There's new information this afternoon on a fatal crash involving two boats in Hawkins County, Tennessee.
TWRA officer David Crum confirmed that 76-year-old William Cantrell of Pound, Virginia died in the crash.
Also on the boat was 52-year-old Timothy Cantrell. He was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center. There's no word today on his condition.
The men on the second boat, 29-year-old Gary Cooper and 33-year-old Brandon Lawson, both of Rogersville, were treated at a Morristown hospital and later released.
The accident happened just before noon Monday near the Poor Valley Creek area on Cherokee Lake.
Crum says the crash remains under investigation.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death