HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - There's new information this afternoon on a fatal crash involving two boats in Hawkins County, Tennessee.
TWRA officer David Crum confirmed that 76-year-old William Cantrell of Pound, Virginia died in the crash.
Also on the boat was 52-year-old Timothy Cantrell. He was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center. There's no word today on his condition.
The men on the second boat, 29-year-old Gary Cooper and 33-year-old Brandon Lawson, both of Rogersville, were treated at a Morristown hospital and later released.
The accident happened just before noon Monday near the Poor Valley Creek area on Cherokee Lake.
Crum says the crash remains under investigation.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson