CHURCH HILL, Tenn. - A Hawkins County woman faces charges after firefighters found marijuana plants while fighting a fire at her apartment.
The fire happened Saturday afternoon at Stoney Brooks Apartments in Church Hill.
According to Church Hill Police Chief Mark Johnson, Judy Stanton had several marijuana plants on the back deck of her apartment.
She was charged with manufacturing a controlled substance withIN 1,000 feet of a drug free zone, because the apartment is next to A.S. Derrick Park and a drug paraphernalia charge.
She is being held at the Duffield Regional Jail.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides