CHURCH HILL, Tenn. - A Hawkins County woman faces charges after firefighters found marijuana plants while fighting a fire at her apartment.
The fire happened Saturday afternoon at Stoney Brooks Apartments in Church Hill.
According to Church Hill Police Chief Mark Johnson, Judy Stanton had several marijuana plants on the back deck of her apartment.
She was charged with manufacturing a controlled substance withIN 1,000 feet of a drug free zone, because the apartment is next to A.S. Derrick Park and a drug paraphernalia charge.
She is being held at the Duffield Regional Jail.
- New After Saudi arms deal, defense shares fly
- New Bill Condon will direct 2019 'Bride of Frankenstein' remake
- New Colorado highway named for Blue Angel pilot killed in crash
- Updated Virginia inmate given furlough one day before she died of cancer
- Surgoinsville Utility Dist. water customers under boil notice