CHURCH HILL, Tenn. - A Hawkins County woman faces charges after firefighters found marijuana plants while fighting a fire at her apartment.
The fire happened Saturday afternoon at Stoney Brooks Apartments in Church Hill.
According to Church Hill Police Chief Mark Johnson, Judy Stanton had several marijuana plants on the back deck of her apartment.
She was charged with manufacturing a controlled substance withIN 1,000 feet of a drug free zone, because the apartment is next to A.S. Derrick Park and a drug paraphernalia charge.
She is being held at the Duffield Regional Jail.
- New Hands On! Regional Museum announced partnership with the TVA
- New FAA commercial drone regulations took effect today
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County