CHURCH HILL, Tenn. - A Hawkins County woman faces charges after firefighters found marijuana plants while fighting a fire at her apartment.
The fire happened Saturday afternoon at Stoney Brooks Apartments in Church Hill.
According to Church Hill Police Chief Mark Johnson, Judy Stanton had several marijuana plants on the back deck of her apartment.
She was charged with manufacturing a controlled substance withIN 1,000 feet of a drug free zone, because the apartment is next to A.S. Derrick Park and a drug paraphernalia charge.
She is being held at the Duffield Regional Jail.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record