HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Hawkins County drug investigation led to charges against a Rogersville man.
Narcotics unit officers say T.J. Bernard, Junior was arrested August 20th after they found him in a truck where he said he was waiting on someone.
Officers say as they continued investigating, they found a pill bottle containing Oxycodone pills that were not prescribed to Bernard. Officers say they also found used syringes and cotton Q-tips, said to be used as a filtering device for the drugs.
Bernard was arrested and charged with drug possession as well as possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on a $5,000 bond.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator