HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Investigators in Hawkins County have arrested a woman on drug charges and charged her son with obstruction of justice.
49-year-old Linda Joyce McClellan is facing drug charges after police say they saw her meet another person in the parking lot of Raceway Service Station on Highway 66. When investigators approached the car they saw a marijuana cigarette in the ash tray and say McClellan had 19 Oxycodone pills without a prescription.
When police went to the home to serve the warrant her son, 30-year-old Gary Lynn Webb, he told officers she wasn't home and wouldn't let them in.
Investigators say McClellan was home at the time and both were arrested.
McClellan is charged with possession of schedule II controlled substance with intent to deliver and possession of marijuana (less than ½ oz.)
Webb is charged with obstruction of legal process.
Webb is out on bond; McClellan is in jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo