HAWKINS COUNTY, Va. - A Sunday service in Hawkins County was interrupted after a man was allegedly hammering the front door.
According to Hawkins County authorities, 36-year-old Ronnie Lee Hardesty was found with a hammer before he was arrested. Members of the Ross Campground Church told authorities Hardesty told them he was on bath salts before he ran away.
Hardesty is facing several charges including aggravated assault.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities