HAWKINS COUNTY, Va. - A Sunday service in Hawkins County was interrupted after a man was allegedly hammering the front door.
According to Hawkins County authorities, 36-year-old Ronnie Lee Hardesty was found with a hammer before he was arrested. Members of the Ross Campground Church told authorities Hardesty told them he was on bath salts before he ran away.
Hardesty is facing several charges including aggravated assault.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day