HAWKINS COUNTY, Va. - A Sunday service in Hawkins County was interrupted after a man was allegedly hammering the front door.
According to Hawkins County authorities, 36-year-old Ronnie Lee Hardesty was found with a hammer before he was arrested. Members of the Ross Campground Church told authorities Hardesty told them he was on bath salts before he ran away.
Hardesty is facing several charges including aggravated assault.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone