HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Hawkins County man is facing charges after authorities say he beat his grandmother.
Here's what we can tell you -- 23-year-old Scottie Salyer is charged with aggravated assault and theft of property under $500. Deputies say Salyer is accused of beating his grandmother, Virginia Stout, in the head after she returned home.
Stout eventually made it to her neighbor's home, where she called authorities.
Officers say Salyer is also accused of stealing pills and a gun.
Salyer was arrested and booked into the Hawkins County jail.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program