HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Hawkins County man is facing charges after authorities say he beat his grandmother.
Here's what we can tell you -- 23-year-old Scottie Salyer is charged with aggravated assault and theft of property under $500. Deputies say Salyer is accused of beating his grandmother, Virginia Stout, in the head after she returned home.
Stout eventually made it to her neighbor's home, where she called authorities.
Officers say Salyer is also accused of stealing pills and a gun.
Salyer was arrested and booked into the Hawkins County jail.
- New Serial burglar guilty of costly raid at Simon Cowell's home
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media