An extradition court hearing is expected Monday in Hawkins County for a Louisiana inmate captured in Church Hill after two weeks on the run.
Terrance Michael Bergeron, 28, of Morgan City, LA, was pulled over by an officer on Friday for speeding on East Main Boulevard, according to Police Chief Mark Johnson. He is currently charged with fugitive from justice, possession of stolen property, no insurance, driving on a suspended license, registration violation and criminal impersonation.
Bergeron had escaped from the Elayn Hunt Correctional Center in Livingston Parish on July 7. He gave the Church Hill officer several false names and a Louisiana license plate was found inside the stolen SUV he was driving, the report said.
The prisoner was currently serving a 10-year sentence for theft, forgery, possession of stolen property, resisting arrest and two gun-related charges, according to Johnson.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder