HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - If you need to get rid of some unwanted prescriptions in Hawkins County, head over to the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office.
The Hawkins County Sheriff's office is teaming up with the Drug Enforcement Agency to provide drop boxes for people to dispose their unwanted medication.
The white drop box is located outside the Sheriff's Office at 117 Justice Center Drive in Rogersville.
We're told all medication must be in their original containers.
There are a few things that are not allowed. They include: syringes, needles, sharps, batteries, and aerosol cans.
The DEA will properly destroy all of the medication inside the box.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman