HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - The Hawkins County Health Department is hoping to re-open soon after flooding forced a month-long closure.
Hawkins County Mayor Melville Bailey tells us on March 5, a plumbing issue caused the building to flood, damaging several offices on the first floor.
We're told the repairs are covered by insurance, but improvements will cost as much as $25,000.
The department hopes it will reopen on May 5.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment