HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - The investigation continues into an unusual animal rescue in Hawkins County.
Animal control pulled 51 animals from a house several weeks ago. We checked with deputies, who told us the owner has a medical condition and must recover before the case can move forward and charges can be filed.
All of the animals, including pet rats, geckos, birds, rabbits, dogs, and cats are being housed at the Hawkins County Humane Society.
The shelter is not excepting any new animals until the issues are resolved.
The animals are in need of special foods that they're not used to dealing with. You may contact the Humane Society to help by calling (423) 272-6538.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough