HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - The investigation continues into an unusual animal rescue in Hawkins County.
Animal control pulled 51 animals from a house several weeks ago. We checked with deputies, who told us the owner has a medical condition and must recover before the case can move forward and charges can be filed.
All of the animals, including pet rats, geckos, birds, rabbits, dogs, and cats are being housed at the Hawkins County Humane Society.
The shelter is not excepting any new animals until the issues are resolved.
The animals are in need of special foods that they're not used to dealing with. You may contact the Humane Society to help by calling (423) 272-6538.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome