HAWKINS COUNTY, TENN. - A teenager is being charged after deputies say he stole a car and crashed it in Hawkins County.
According to reports, the 16-year-old took the car, Saturday night from a house where he had been working for the owner.
Officers say the teen crashed the car in Mount Carmel after leading police on a short chase.
During the chase the teen is accused of hitting two patrol cars.
The chase ended when the car flipped over and hit a tree. The teen was evaluated at the hospital and then arrested.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting