HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - We have new facts about a man accused of killing his wife's ex-husband in Hawkins County.
Randy Edwin Harr pleaded guilty Monday to second degree murder. According to the Hawkins County Clerk's Office, he was sentenced to 29 years in prison with no chance of parole.
He was accused of killing Christopher Varalli in March of 2012 in the Stanley Valley Community of Hawkins County, and then setting the house on fire.
Attorney General Berkeley Bell says a first degree murder charge was reduced to second degree and additional charges dismissed as part of plea negotiations.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport