HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - We have new facts about a man accused of killing his wife's ex-husband in Hawkins County.
Randy Edwin Harr pleaded guilty Monday to second degree murder. According to the Hawkins County Clerk's Office, he was sentenced to 29 years in prison with no chance of parole.
He was accused of killing Christopher Varalli in March of 2012 in the Stanley Valley Community of Hawkins County, and then setting the house on fire.
Attorney General Berkeley Bell says a first degree murder charge was reduced to second degree and additional charges dismissed as part of plea negotiations.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City