HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Hawkins County, Tennessee man is charged with three counts of attempted first degree murder after what authorities are calling a shoot out with sheriff's deputies.
According to the Sheriff's Office, they got the call to Campbell Drive around 7:30 Thursday night about Trevor Burton firing a gun.
According to the TBI, neighbors complained that Burton was shooting at people on a hayride. They say when they arrived Burton fired upon officers and officers returned that fire. That's when the Sheriff's Office says he ran into the woods.
He was arrested at his home around 4:30 Friday morning.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens
- Updated Jonesborough police chief issues brief statement after being placed on leave