HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Hawkins County, Tennessee man is charged with three counts of attempted first degree murder after what authorities are calling a shoot out with sheriff's deputies.
According to the Sheriff's Office, they got the call to Campbell Drive around 7:30 Thursday night about Trevor Burton firing a gun.
According to the TBI, neighbors complained that Burton was shooting at people on a hayride. They say when they arrived Burton fired upon officers and officers returned that fire. That's when the Sheriff's Office says he ran into the woods.
He was arrested at his home around 4:30 Friday morning.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator