HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Hawkins County, Tennessee man is charged with three counts of attempted first degree murder after what authorities are calling a shoot out with sheriff's deputies.
According to the Sheriff's Office, they got the call to Campbell Drive around 7:30 Thursday night about Trevor Burton firing a gun.
According to the TBI, neighbors complained that Burton was shooting at people on a hayride. They say when they arrived Burton fired upon officers and officers returned that fire. That's when the Sheriff's Office says he ran into the woods.
He was arrested at his home around 4:30 Friday morning.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash