ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. - A Hawkins County man is facing attempted murder charges. He's accused of shooting his ex-girlfriend, while her children were present.
Sheriff Ronnie Lawson says the shooting happened early Sunday morning, on Manis Road, in Rogersville. Lawson tells News 5 they believe Rodney Allen Bailey forced his way into the home of 32-year-old Sara Davis.
Lawson says, Davis was shot in the upper part of her body and 30-year-old Ronnie Chet William was hit in the head with a pistol, while Davis' two children, who are both younger than ten, were home. We've learned, Davis is in fair condition in the hospital.
Sheriff Lawson tells us Rodney Bailey is now charged with two counts of attempted first degree murder, especially aggravated burglary, felony reckless endangerment, and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Bailey is expected to be in court Wednesday.
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing