HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Hawkins County firefighters are mourning the loss of one of their own.
David Schnepp, 43, passed away Sunday evening. Carters Valley Volunteer Fire Chief Michael Yates says Schnepp's death occurred after fighting a brush fire and responding to a house fire on Sunday.
Details of what exactly happened have not yet been released. This is the first firefighter to die in the line of duty in Hawkins County.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next