A man from Georgia has died following a boating accident on Cherokee Lake just upstream from Quarryville Boat Access Area.
According to Matt Cameron with the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, the incident occurred Wednesday at around 10:30 p.m. The boat hit a partially submerged silo. The victim had apparently been fishing before the accident occurred.
The victim has been identified as 70-year-old Charles Clifton Nalley of Rome, Georgia.
The TWRA is investigating the incident.
- Updated Breaking News: Fire destroys warehouse in Buchanan County
- Former Ball employees 'cautiously optimistic' of new textile plant
- State parks hosting "First Day Hikes"
- UPDATE: Judge rules Azotea's murder confession admissible in jury trial
- UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer