HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - (Released for publication) On August 28, 2014, Mr. Paul Thomas Morrison III was processed into the Hawkins County Jail on three (3) counts of statutory rape. Allegations were relayed to the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office in July 2014, at which time the allegations were referred to the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
The Hawkins County District Attorney's Office conducted a full investigation into the allegations. Any further details pertaining to the investigation will need to be addressed by the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
Mr. Morrison was previously employed by the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office as a Court Security Officer, and he had been employed for nearly two (2) years.
Mr. Morrison resigned his position with the Sheriff's Office in July 2014. Mr. Morrison did post a $20,000.00 bond on August 29, 2014.
No further comments will be released by this office due to Mr. Morrison's investigation being carried out by the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations