HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - (Released for publication) On August 28, 2014, Mr. Paul Thomas Morrison III was processed into the Hawkins County Jail on three (3) counts of statutory rape. Allegations were relayed to the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office in July 2014, at which time the allegations were referred to the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
The Hawkins County District Attorney's Office conducted a full investigation into the allegations. Any further details pertaining to the investigation will need to be addressed by the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
Mr. Morrison was previously employed by the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office as a Court Security Officer, and he had been employed for nearly two (2) years.
Mr. Morrison resigned his position with the Sheriff's Office in July 2014. Mr. Morrison did post a $20,000.00 bond on August 29, 2014.
No further comments will be released by this office due to Mr. Morrison's investigation being carried out by the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire