HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - (Released for publication) On August 28, 2014, Mr. Paul Thomas Morrison III was processed into the Hawkins County Jail on three (3) counts of statutory rape. Allegations were relayed to the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office in July 2014, at which time the allegations were referred to the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
The Hawkins County District Attorney's Office conducted a full investigation into the allegations. Any further details pertaining to the investigation will need to be addressed by the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
Mr. Morrison was previously employed by the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office as a Court Security Officer, and he had been employed for nearly two (2) years.
Mr. Morrison resigned his position with the Sheriff's Office in July 2014. Mr. Morrison did post a $20,000.00 bond on August 29, 2014.
No further comments will be released by this office due to Mr. Morrison's investigation being carried out by the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect