HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A former Hawkins County assistant district attorney has been convicted and sentenced for official misconduct.
Here's what we know -- John Douglas Godbee entered a no contest plea to that felony charge. The plea comes after in investigation by the TBI into accusations that Godbee tried to solicit sexual relationships in exchange for favorable outcomes in criminal cases Godbee prosecuted.
Godbee was sentenced to two years of probation and he must also complete 200 hours of community service as well as undergo a mental evaluation.
Godbee is also longer allowed to practice law.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run