HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A former Hawkins County assistant district attorney has been convicted and sentenced for official misconduct.
Here's what we know -- John Douglas Godbee entered a no contest plea to that felony charge. The plea comes after in investigation by the TBI into accusations that Godbee tried to solicit sexual relationships in exchange for favorable outcomes in criminal cases Godbee prosecuted.
Godbee was sentenced to two years of probation and he must also complete 200 hours of community service as well as undergo a mental evaluation.
Godbee is also longer allowed to practice law.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets