HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A former Hawkins County assistant district attorney has been convicted and sentenced for official misconduct.
Here's what we know -- John Douglas Godbee entered a no contest plea to that felony charge. The plea comes after in investigation by the TBI into accusations that Godbee tried to solicit sexual relationships in exchange for favorable outcomes in criminal cases Godbee prosecuted.
Godbee was sentenced to two years of probation and he must also complete 200 hours of community service as well as undergo a mental evaluation.
Godbee is also longer allowed to practice law.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power