HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - School board members in Hawkins County are taking steps to learn more about the current frontrunner for Director of Schools.
They say they plan to make a final decision at their meeting on May 22nd.
We're told finalist Dixie Bowen, who is currently the Supervisor of Students for the Bristol Tennessee school system, was asking for $118,000 plus benefits to take the position.
The school board offered her just over $103,000, but that wasn't enough to convince Bowen to take the position.
Now board members are entering into talks with a second finalist Jim Ailshie.
Ailshie is currently principal at Rogersville Middle School.
Members of the school board will visit Ailshie's school next week.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power