HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Charges are being dismissed against a Hawkins County circuit court clerk.
Hawkins County Clerk of Courts Sarah Davis was charged in February after a staffing dispute on January 30. According to court records, Davis initially refused an order from Hawkins County sessions judge Todd Ross to send a collections clerk to his courtroom.
However, she relented a short time later and sent a clerk. Because of that, district Attorney General Barry Staubus dismissed the charge after determining that Davis complied with the judge's order prior to an arrest warrant charging her with contempt.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day