HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A Church Hill woman accused of driving into a church and stabbing her husband is facing a new charge.
The charge stems from an incident that happened in March.
23-year-old Stephanie Hamman is now facing an aggravated assault charge on her husband.
Hamman is already facing an attempted first degree murder and felony vandalism charges.
We first told you about this story in March after Church Hill Police say Hamman ran through the front of Providence Church because she said God told her to.
Officers told us Hamman then called her husband to check on her and when he got there she stabbed him.
Hamman told police she felt her husband was worshipping the NASCAR Race at Bristol, which made her mad, and she began having thoughts she says the devil put in her head.
At Hamman's first court appearance her attorney requested a mental evaluation for Hamman, which was granted.
She is out on bond.
Wednesday the judge set a preliminary hearing for October.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash