CHURCH HILL, Tenn. - Ronald Laferty of Church Hill man is charged with attempted second degree murder.
According to a Hawkins County Sheriff's Office report, deputies were dispatched to California Avenue in Church Hill on June 7 for a domestic violence incident.
A female told deputies that Laferty pistol whipped her several times and allegedly shot at her in an attempt to kill her.
Laferty denied attempting to kill her but admitted to shooting the gun inside the home.
Laferty is being held in the Hawkins County Detention Center.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson