CHURCH HILL, Tenn. - Ronald Laferty of Church Hill man is charged with attempted second degree murder.
According to a Hawkins County Sheriff's Office report, deputies were dispatched to California Avenue in Church Hill on June 7 for a domestic violence incident.
A female told deputies that Laferty pistol whipped her several times and allegedly shot at her in an attempt to kill her.
Laferty denied attempting to kill her but admitted to shooting the gun inside the home.
Laferty is being held in the Hawkins County Detention Center.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment