CHURCH HILL, Tenn. - Ronald Laferty of Church Hill man is charged with attempted second degree murder.
According to a Hawkins County Sheriff's Office report, deputies were dispatched to California Avenue in Church Hill on June 7 for a domestic violence incident.
A female told deputies that Laferty pistol whipped her several times and allegedly shot at her in an attempt to kill her.
Laferty denied attempting to kill her but admitted to shooting the gun inside the home.
Laferty is being held in the Hawkins County Detention Center.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend