ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. - A local Boy Scout camp is looking for some help this summer.
Camp Davy Crockett in Rogersville has four openings for camp staff members. We're told scouts, leaders and parents older than 18 years old are encouraged to apply for the positions which include ecology director, scoutcraft director and two people to teach sailing.
The camp has more than 1,400 scouts come through during the summer season. "We get a ton of troops from Florida, who say it's cool here during the summer, from New York, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, all over," said Fred Johnson, camp director. "But most of the scouts are from local councils."
There is camp school training the last week of May. Camp runs from the beginning of June through mid-July.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment