ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. - A local Boy Scout camp is looking for some help this summer.
Camp Davy Crockett in Rogersville has four openings for camp staff members. We're told scouts, leaders and parents older than 18 years old are encouraged to apply for the positions which include ecology director, scoutcraft director and two people to teach sailing.
The camp has more than 1,400 scouts come through during the summer season. "We get a ton of troops from Florida, who say it's cool here during the summer, from New York, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, all over," said Fred Johnson, camp director. "But most of the scouts are from local councils."
There is camp school training the last week of May. Camp runs from the beginning of June through mid-July.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City