ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. - A local Boy Scout camp is looking for some help this summer.
Camp Davy Crockett in Rogersville has four openings for camp staff members. We're told scouts, leaders and parents older than 18 years old are encouraged to apply for the positions which include ecology director, scoutcraft director and two people to teach sailing.
The camp has more than 1,400 scouts come through during the summer season. "We get a ton of troops from Florida, who say it's cool here during the summer, from New York, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, all over," said Fred Johnson, camp director. "But most of the scouts are from local councils."
There is camp school training the last week of May. Camp runs from the beginning of June through mid-July.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy