HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Two women are behind bars after their newborn babies tested positive for narcotics.
Ashley Hardesty of Rogersville and Sarah Ceron-Garcia of Kingsport are charged with felony reckless endangerment.
Hawkins County Assistant District Attorney Alex Pearson said both mothers pled guilty in criminal court on Tuesday for using drugs during their pregnancies. "Our office has been working very hard to prosecute those types of cases. We take them very seriously and we've been working hard on that," he said.
Both women were sentenced to a year in jail with eligibility of parole.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next