HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Two women are behind bars after their newborn babies tested positive for narcotics.
Ashley Hardesty of Rogersville and Sarah Ceron-Garcia of Kingsport are charged with felony reckless endangerment.
Hawkins County Assistant District Attorney Alex Pearson said both mothers pled guilty in criminal court on Tuesday for using drugs during their pregnancies. "Our office has been working very hard to prosecute those types of cases. We take them very seriously and we've been working hard on that," he said.
Both women were sentenced to a year in jail with eligibility of parole.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex