A 76-year-old man known as “Boots” has been arrested on drug charges, according to authorities.
The office of the Third Judicial District Drug Task Force said that Emil Edsel Greer of Rogersville was arrested for his involvement related to the distribution of illegal drugs, which allegedly took place in the Third Judicial District and specifically Hawkins County.
Among those assisting the Drug Task Force, were the District Attorney General’s Office, the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Department, the Greene County Sheriff’s Department, and the Greeneville Police Department.
Agents began investigating after receiving complaints that Greer was involved with the distribution of prescription drugs. Authorities said pills were purchased directly from Greer out of his company’s rollback during a controlled delivery.
Greer was arrested and is out on bond, awaiting a court date in Greene County General Sessions Court.
- Updated American Merchant investing $19M, creating 400 new jobs in Bristol, Virginia
- Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters