HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - No charges will be placed against an ambulance driver involved in a Hawkins County wreck that killed a woman in July of last year.
The Hawkins County ambulance was taking a patient to the hospital when it hit a Toyota Corolla at the intersection of Highway 11-W and Silver Lake Road.
Eighteen-year-old Samantha Hathaway died in that collision, and nine other people were hurt.
District Attorney Dan Armstrong tells news five the grand jury decided that there was negligence, but not criminal negligence.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin