HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - No charges will be placed against an ambulance driver involved in a Hawkins County wreck that killed a woman in July of last year.
The Hawkins County ambulance was taking a patient to the hospital when it hit a Toyota Corolla at the intersection of Highway 11-W and Silver Lake Road.
Eighteen-year-old Samantha Hathaway died in that collision, and nine other people were hurt.
District Attorney Dan Armstrong tells news five the grand jury decided that there was negligence, but not criminal negligence.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect