HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - No charges will be placed against an ambulance driver involved in a Hawkins County wreck that killed a woman in July of last year.
The Hawkins County ambulance was taking a patient to the hospital when it hit a Toyota Corolla at the intersection of Highway 11-W and Silver Lake Road.
Eighteen-year-old Samantha Hathaway died in that collision, and nine other people were hurt.
District Attorney Dan Armstrong tells news five the grand jury decided that there was negligence, but not criminal negligence.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane