HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - No charges will be placed against an ambulance driver involved in a Hawkins County wreck that killed a woman in July of last year.
The Hawkins County ambulance was taking a patient to the hospital when it hit a Toyota Corolla at the intersection of Highway 11-W and Silver Lake Road.
Eighteen-year-old Samantha Hathaway died in that collision, and nine other people were hurt.
District Attorney Dan Armstrong tells news five the grand jury decided that there was negligence, but not criminal negligence.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day