HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Hawkins County authorities tell us employees at more than 15 businesses in the county are now facing citations after an investigation found they sold alcohol to minors.
Sheriff Ronnie Lawson says the Alcoholic Beverage Commission had been conducting an investigation into the sale of alcohol to minors across the region. The ABC went throughout the county and found 17 businesses sold beer to a minor.
We're told employees at the businesses were cited into general sessions court. The names of the businesses have not been released.
Sheriff Lawson says the investigation is ongoing.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial