HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Hawkins County authorities tell us employees at more than 15 businesses in the county are now facing citations after an investigation found they sold alcohol to minors.
Sheriff Ronnie Lawson says the Alcoholic Beverage Commission had been conducting an investigation into the sale of alcohol to minors across the region. The ABC went throughout the county and found 17 businesses sold beer to a minor.
We're told employees at the businesses were cited into general sessions court. The names of the businesses have not been released.
Sheriff Lawson says the investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane