A 15-year-old boy pleaded guilty Wednesday to killing retired teacher Margaret Jack Sliger in Hawkins County.
Sliger was 79 years old. She was found in the yard of her home, shot twice back in 2015.
District Attorney Dan Armstrong said Kyle Robert Wolfe lived on a neighboring farm in the Mooresburg area, but he added it's never been known why the boy, 14 at the time, shot and killed her.
Wolfe pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Armstrong said as part of the plea agreement, he will have to serve the full sentence.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School