Gov. Bill Haslam will pay tribute on Monday to Vietnam Veterans leading into the 40th anniversary of the withdrawal of troops from Vietnam.
Haslam will be joined by Department of Veterans Affairs Commissioner Many-Bears Grinder and Vietnam Veterans of America Tennessee State Council President Barry Rice.
The proclamation and presentation event will be held at 2 p.m. It had been scheduled to be held on War Memorial Plaza in front of the Vietnam Veterans Monument in Nashville, but has now been moved indoors due to the weather.
Tennessee became the first state to observe Vietnam Veterans Day in 2008.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend