Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam says he isn't ruling out a run for the U.S. Senate.
Haslam stated he will "spend some time thinking about it and praying about" a potential run to fill the seat Senator Bob Corker will be vacating. On Tuesday of this week, Senator Corker announced he will not seek re-election next year.
Corker's influence looms large in Washington, serving as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee and sitting on three other committees. His term expires at the end of 2018.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone