Tennessee - According to the Tennessee Department of Health 19,000 tennesseeans are living with H.I.V.
Almost 1 in 6 of those people may not even know that they have the virus.
That's why the Tennessee Department of Health is partnering with Walgreens to provide free testing June 26th through 28th.
The testing is part of a national H.I.V. testing day effort to raise awareness and prevent the spread of H.I.V.
Although none of our local Walgreens are participating, the health department wants people to know that they offer free testing and H.I.V. counseling.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention over 47 thousand people are infected with the virus every year, and almost 50% of new H.I.V. cases reported are in the south.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream