NASHVILLE, Tenn. - (AP) - Gun season for deer opens Saturday and runs through Jan. 5.
According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, hunters may harvest one antlered buck per day until the statewide bag limit of three is reached. That includes deer harvested during archery and muzzleloader seasons. An antlered buck is a buck with antlers at least three inches long.
The bag limit for antlerless deer depends on where the deer is harvested.
More information is available in the 2013 Tennessee Hunting and Trapping Guide available at all license agents and TWRA regional offices.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests