NASHVILLE, Tenn. - (AP) - Gun season for deer opens Saturday and runs through Jan. 5.
According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, hunters may harvest one antlered buck per day until the statewide bag limit of three is reached. That includes deer harvested during archery and muzzleloader seasons. An antlered buck is a buck with antlers at least three inches long.
The bag limit for antlerless deer depends on where the deer is harvested.
More information is available in the 2013 Tennessee Hunting and Trapping Guide available at all license agents and TWRA regional offices.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport