NASHVILLE, Tenn. - (AP) - Gun season for deer opens Saturday and runs through Jan. 5.
According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, hunters may harvest one antlered buck per day until the statewide bag limit of three is reached. That includes deer harvested during archery and muzzleloader seasons. An antlered buck is a buck with antlers at least three inches long.
The bag limit for antlerless deer depends on where the deer is harvested.
More information is available in the 2013 Tennessee Hunting and Trapping Guide available at all license agents and TWRA regional offices.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting