GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - The final pieces of steel are going into place on a new building in Greeneville for Walters State Community College.
All the steel is expected to be in place by the end of next week. By this time next year the $20 million expansion will be complete.
The new building will have natural science labs, allied health labs, classrooms, computer labs and a residential police academy.
Over 1,100 students are currently enrolled at the Walters State Greeneville campus.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting