GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Highway Patrol told News 5 WCYB they are investigating a fiery crash that shut down part of Interstate 81 on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened in the northbound lanes near mile 18 in Greene County. Troopers said 67-year-old James Tacy, Jr. died when his tractor trailer hit the back of a pickup truck. The tractor trailer continued into the median, hit a guardrail and caught fire. Two people in the pickup were injured.
News 5 will update this story.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood