GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Highway Patrol told News 5 WCYB they are investigating a fiery crash that shut down part of Interstate 81 on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened in the northbound lanes near mile 18 in Greene County. Troopers said 67-year-old James Tacy, Jr. died when his tractor trailer hit the back of a pickup truck. The tractor trailer continued into the median, hit a guardrail and caught fire. Two people in the pickup were injured.
News 5 will update this story.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect