GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Highway Patrol told News 5 WCYB they are investigating a fiery crash that shut down part of Interstate 81 on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened in the northbound lanes near mile 18 in Greene County. Troopers said 67-year-old James Tacy, Jr. died when his tractor trailer hit the back of a pickup truck. The tractor trailer continued into the median, hit a guardrail and caught fire. Two people in the pickup were injured.
News 5 will update this story.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia