GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Highway Patrol told News 5 WCYB they are investigating a fiery crash that shut down part of Interstate 81 on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened in the northbound lanes near mile 18 in Greene County. Troopers said 67-year-old James Tacy, Jr. died when his tractor trailer hit the back of a pickup truck. The tractor trailer continued into the median, hit a guardrail and caught fire. Two people in the pickup were injured.
News 5 will update this story.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital