GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Highway Patrol told News 5 WCYB they are investigating a fiery crash that shut down part of Interstate 81 on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened in the northbound lanes near mile 18 in Greene County. Troopers said 67-year-old James Tacy, Jr. died when his tractor trailer hit the back of a pickup truck. The tractor trailer continued into the median, hit a guardrail and caught fire. Two people in the pickup were injured.
News 5 will update this story.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day