The Greene County, Tennessee couple facing felony counts for reportedly trying to sell their baby on Craigslist have had additional charges placed against them on Friday.
Deanna Greer, 37, and John Cain, Jr., 26, both of Greeneville, are also charged with one count of illegal payments with the placement of a child and criminal attempt to commit aggravated child abuse, according to court information confirmed by News 5.
The pair was arrested last weekend after police said they arranged a meeting with undercover agents to sell the infant for $3,000. The new charges also resulted in the couple's bond being increased to $300,000.
Information from law enforcement officials in New Hanover County, North Carolina says Cain has an outstanding warrant for a February 2016 robbery and they plan to extradite him back to Wilmington.
The couple is scheduled to be back in court next week.
- New President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- New Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder