GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Two men accused of a barn-burning spree in Greene County are headed to court Wednesday afternoon.
20-year-old Cameron Lee Waters, Jr. and 21-year-old Thurman Perry Jones were arrested and charged with three counts of arson each.
An investigation by the Greene County Sheriff's Department tied them to the torching of three barns in March along Smithtown, Campbell, and Fodderstack Mountain Loop Roads.
Waters was a volunteer firefighter and is the son of the Newmansville Volunteer Fire Department chief.
Both are set expected in court at 1:30 Wednesday afternoon.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment