A Greene County, Tennessee couple is now facing murder charges in connection with the death of their 8-month-old baby girl.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced those arrests Friday, but we first told you about this story back in September.
September 17th is when the TBI says EMS crews were called to a home on Fairview Road.
8-month-old Abby Jennings was taken to Laughlin Hospital, where officers say, she had bruising on various parts of her body and was unresponsive.
She was then taken to Johnson City Medical Center and died on September 18th.
Witnesses told the TBI that Abby had bruises after returning from visiting her father, Stephen Jennings, in his home on September 14.
Officers say her mother, Pooja Jennings, did not seek medical treatment for the infant after she returned to her home.
Now, Stephen Jennings faces one count of first degree murder, one count of aggravated child neglect, and one count of aggravated child abuse.
Pooja Jennings faces one count of first degree murder and one count of aggravated child neglect.
Both were booked into the Greene County Jail.
Bond is set at $1,000,000 each.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81