A Greene County, Tennessee couple is now facing murder charges in connection with the death of their 8-month-old baby girl.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced those arrests Friday, but we first told you about this story back in September.
September 17th is when the TBI says EMS crews were called to a home on Fairview Road.
8-month-old Abby Jennings was taken to Laughlin Hospital, where officers say, she had bruising on various parts of her body and was unresponsive.
She was then taken to Johnson City Medical Center and died on September 18th.
Witnesses told the TBI that Abby had bruises after returning from visiting her father, Stephen Jennings, in his home on September 14.
Officers say her mother, Pooja Jennings, did not seek medical treatment for the infant after she returned to her home.
Now, Stephen Jennings faces one count of first degree murder, one count of aggravated child neglect, and one count of aggravated child abuse.
Pooja Jennings faces one count of first degree murder and one count of aggravated child neglect.
Both were booked into the Greene County Jail.
Bond is set at $1,000,000 each.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia