A Greene County, Tennessee couple is now facing murder charges in connection with the death of their 8-month-old baby girl.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced those arrests Friday, but we first told you about this story back in September.
September 17th is when the TBI says EMS crews were called to a home on Fairview Road.
8-month-old Abby Jennings was taken to Laughlin Hospital, where officers say, she had bruising on various parts of her body and was unresponsive.
She was then taken to Johnson City Medical Center and died on September 18th.
Witnesses told the TBI that Abby had bruises after returning from visiting her father, Stephen Jennings, in his home on September 14.
Officers say her mother, Pooja Jennings, did not seek medical treatment for the infant after she returned to her home.
Now, Stephen Jennings faces one count of first degree murder, one count of aggravated child neglect, and one count of aggravated child abuse.
Pooja Jennings faces one count of first degree murder and one count of aggravated child neglect.
Both were booked into the Greene County Jail.
Bond is set at $1,000,000 each.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting