GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - On August 15, 2013 agents with the Third Judicial District Drug Task Force received a tip that there was marijuana inside of an open barn near the 1000 block of Barren Valley Road in Chuckey, Tennessee.
Agents responded to the location with deputies of the Greene County Sheriff's Department and found the barn as described by the tipster.
Inside the barn, agents found a single marijuana plant hanging up to dry and items used to harvest the plants. The agents then found a patch of five large plants growing a short distance from the barn.
The investigation continues. Charges are expected to be filed in this case.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital