GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - On August 15, 2013 agents with the Third Judicial District Drug Task Force received a tip that there was marijuana inside of an open barn near the 1000 block of Barren Valley Road in Chuckey, Tennessee.
Agents responded to the location with deputies of the Greene County Sheriff's Department and found the barn as described by the tipster.
Inside the barn, agents found a single marijuana plant hanging up to dry and items used to harvest the plants. The agents then found a patch of five large plants growing a short distance from the barn.
The investigation continues. Charges are expected to be filed in this case.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day