GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - Three people in our region have been sentenced in an oxycodone drug conspiracy out of Sullivan County.
News 5 has learned Jason Curtis Jones, of Elizabethton; Michael Lelon Sharp, of Blountville; and Donnie Ray Horne, of Kingsport, were all sentenced in U.S. District Court in Greeneville. Jones received a sentence of six and a half years in prison, Sharp was sentenced to six years in prison, and Horne received a sentence of five years and 11 months in prison.
All three men were involved in an oxycodone trafficking conspiracy which obtained pills from other states and distributed thousands of them throughout our region.
14 other people were also indicted in the conspiracy. They are currently awaiting sentencing.
- Updated Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween
- Updated Kids given farm lessons at "Ag in the Classroom"
- New Animal Shelter Thrift Store in Johnson City closing in Dec