GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Four teenagers who were the subject of a manhunt in Tennessee and South Carolina appeared in court Friday afternoon.
The teens were wanted in connection with a murder in Greene County. They were arrested while on the run in Newberry, South Carolina.
Zachary Thomas Blanchard is charged with first degree murder in the death of his father, Robert Blanchard.
The other three juveniles, Daniel Birchfield Richards, Jr., Liam Lawlor, and Shelby Riley are each charged with accessory after the fact.
At Friday's detention hearing, Judge Ken Bailey decided to retain the teenagers. He placed Blanchard in Child Protective Services.
A gag order was requested, but was not granted after prosecutors agreed not to give interviews to the media.
The judge also heard from detectives and a TBI agent.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections