GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - The ex-wife of Tennessee State Representative David Hawk took the stand in his aggravated assault trial in Greeneville on Tuesday
The day started with the state showing jurors police dash camera video of the morning last March when prosecutors say Hawk attacked his now ex-wife Crystal Goan.
Several members of Goan's family testified. Around 2 p.m. Goan took the stand to tell jurors her side of the story. "He pulled me out of bed by my left arm; it was very forceful. He dragged me for about 12 feet to the floor and threw me down in the floor," she said on the stand. "When I'm down in the floor he was yelling at me. He grabbed me by my hair and pushed me down."
Jurors saw photos taken of Goan the morning of the alleged assault. The state says the pictures show injuries Goan received from her ex-husband.
David Hawk claims he never assaulted Goan.
- Updated Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Updated Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides
- New Bluff City Rescue launches 'Buck for a Truck' campaign
- New Grant deadline approaches to expand Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Women's Facebook warning goes viral